TourTexas Nature Trails
South Texas Plains
A directory of Texas Nature Tourism activities,
destinations and services in the South Texas Plains Region.
Texas lies in a region of North America, where a fascinating
mix of birds, other vertebrae species and plant life forms
coexist. Many tropical species, because of the generally warm
climate and lack of prolonged cold, reach the northern limits
of their distribution in this region. Laredo is emerging as
a birding destination with significant bird resources, and
you will want to be among those who are discovering them.
EXPERIENCE TEXAS TREASURES AND PLEASURES! Welcome
to Texas State Parks - an unmatched selection of recreational opportunities,
scenic wonders and historic gems. Texas has parks for all seasons
and for all tastes. Our parks are as varied as Texas itself. We
invite you to visit one of the following parks in South Central
- Bastrop State Park, Bastrop:
- Buescher State Park, Smithville:
- Fanthorp Inn State Historical Park, Anderson:
- Guadalupe River State Park, Spring Branch:
- Huntsville State Park, Huntsville:
- Lake Somerville Birch Creek, Somerville; Lake Somerville
nhails Creek, Ledbetter:
- Lockhart State Park, Lockhart: www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/lockhart/lockhart.htm
- McKinney Falls State Park, Austin:
- Monument Hill/Kreische Brewery State Historical Park, La
- Mother Neff State Park, Moody:
- Palmetto State Park, Gonzales:
- Sebastopol State Historical Park, Seguin:
- Washington-on-the-Brazos State Historical Park, Washington:
For more information about these and
other Texas State Parks, call our toll-free line, 800-792-1112.
Coleto Creek Park is located
midway between Victoria, Texas and Goliad, Texas, on US Hwy 59
in Fannin, Texas. A 190 acre outdoor recreation area situated on
a 3,100 acre reservoir. Activities include wildlife and bird watching
(reservoir serves as a wintering home for a variety of waterfowl,
southern bald eagles, osprey and a variety of other birds), fishing,
boating, hiking, and opportunities for many other outdoor activities.
Amenities are 58 multi-use campsites, 2 camping cabins, group pavilion,
2 miles of trails, 200' lighted pier, boat ramps, large picnic
area, playground, sand volleyball courts, and marked swimming areas.
Call 512-575-6366 or write PO Box 68, Fannin, TX 77960 for more
More Texas Nature
As a member of TNTC or TTIA ,
your organization is eligible for a free basic listing in the TourTexas
Nature Trails site. (Non-member listings are available for a small annual
fee.) Use the on-line submission form to
possibly include your Texas nature tourism activity, destination or service.